If you feel that you might have a book inside you, the first thing to do is to develop the basic idea and to give it some structure. Gain a big-picture perspective on your original thoughts by asking (and answering) some key planning questions.
Planning Questions for Developing Your Book Idea
- What is the main idea?
- What are the supporting themes / story lines?
- Who is the ideal reader of your work?
- What are the top 3-5 things that you hope readers will take away?
- How much have you already done?
- What are the big pieces left to do?
- How much time will it take to complete?
- What do you have in mind as a title for this work?
- How do you plan to market your finished product?
Take a deeper dive into developing your book ideas by taking a look at the downloadable PDF – Publication Planning Questions – that we offer here as a FREE resource.
If you would like to share these planning questions with others, we simply ask that you give proper credit to Wordsmith Associates, including our © copyright date and website address (https://wordsmith.associates). If you have any questions or comments regarding the process, please use our form to Contact Us.